As we approach the 2020 Signarama World Axe Throwing Championship, the World Axe Throwing League would like to make an official statement regarding attendance, guidelines, and COVID-19 restrictions. This COVID-19 Statement will be updated in real-time to reflect any changes in state or local guidelines and restrictions.
We ask that all competitors and spectators be responsible during the entire weekend, to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. The WATL does not encourage large gatherings before or after the event at restaurants, bars, or hotel rooms. It is our main priority to host this event, while keeping all attendees safe and healthy and we ask that the community act responsibly and do their part outside of the venue where WATC will take place.
- Masks will be mandatory at all times. No exceptions.
- Anyone removing their masks for pictures or otherwise will be asked to immediately leave the premises for the remainder of the event.
- All attendees will have their temperature taken upon the first arrival of each day.
- Any attendees that test positive for COVID-19 less than 10 days prior to the event must provide a negative test result to WATL before attending the event.
- Handshakes, hugs, and any other form of physical contact are highly discouraged with any attendees not in your immediate family/group.
- Anyone without a qualifying bid or spectator ticket will not be allowed on the premises.
- This includes outdoor seating areas, tents, and parking lots. No exceptions.
- We highly encourage that competitors wait outside in between their matches to help limit the amount of people inside of the venue. In addition to clearly marked social distancing areas inside the building, there will be outdoor seating areas provided. Tables, chairs, and heaters will be provided in case of colder weather; attendees should plan accordingly.
- We will be implementing a text message program to inform throwers when their next match is coming up as well as a live feed of current and upcoming matches for attendees to follow so that they can rest in between matches at a safe distance from the main throwing area without concern of missing matches.
- Prime seats closest to the broadcast lane will be reserved for family and significant others of the final 12 competitors only.
- Due to social distancing limitations during the live broadcast on Sunday, we will have a projector set up on the opposite side of the venue so that all spectators will be able to view the final matches at a safe distance.
In order to promote social distancing and focus on the TV production, WATL will not be providing an official livestream of the event on Friday and Saturday. For the first time ever, we will allow live streams of the main tournaments on Friday and Saturday. No live streams or videos will be allowed on Sunday during the final broadcast.
If any thrower or individual feels unsafe or concerned with attending under the current state guidelines, we completely understand if you decide to stay at home and not attend the event. Any competitor or spectator fees paid will be refunded in full to anyone who wishes to opt out.