Join The Largest Axe Throwing Organization in the World
WATL works tirelessly to better the sport and industry of Axe Throwing through marketing campaigns, televised events, and public exposure. We exist to bring the sport of Axe Throwing further into the mainstream and create a long-lasting industry. We offer strategic partnerships to keep your operating costs down, improved safety standards by creating a baseline for all Axe Throwing locations, staff training, and even more incredible opportunities.
What are the Benefits of Being A WATL Affiliated Venue?
As you navigate this webpage, you will be able to get an in depth view of all the benefits that come with WATL affiliation.
WATL Membership is a mark of quality for your venue, it allows you to access exclusive discounts and allows your venue to integrate into a global competition - allowing you to offer a higher level of competition and gaining a dedicated following.
Discounted Purchase of WATL® Certified Axes, Target Stencils, Markers and Merchandise
- WATL® manufactures and sells axes, target stencils, and markers via the online store to the public.
- WATL® offers all these products at a discount for Affiliates to help save costs on day-to-day operations.
- Merchandise and WATL® axes are also available at a discount allowing affiliates to sell at a markup for additional revenue.
- If you reach the threshold of purchases in the WATL Affiliate store during a calendar year, your venue fees will be waived for 12 months!
PR & Marketing Support
- WATL® frequently sends out press releases for Affiliates to help get local news buzz about big events
- These press releases provide tools, local news pitches, and strategies to help get coverage for venues
- All Affiliates are listed on the searchable WATL membership map on the official World Axe Throwing League website.
- WATL® helps promote Affiliates on social media through notable posts directly from Affiliates and announcements on official WATL® social media channels
- Public recognition of Affiliates on all public forums when possible
- All Affiliates are listed on the searchable WATL® membership database/map on the official World Axe Throwing League® website
Access to Scoring Software
- WATL® has the most advanced axe throwing software on the market
- The app helps Affiliates facilitate official WATL® leagues and tournaments
- League players can track their progress each season using in-app statistics
- League players can also utilize the free practice scoring simulation from their player profiles
- Global and local rankings let players track their progress and standing on a local and international level
- The App team is developing new features daily to better serve our Affiliates and throwers!
Participation in WATL® Sanctioned Leagues and Events Including the World Axe Throwing Championships
- Participating in league play helps build a fan base and a community around Affiliate venues for repeat customers
- Players come back season after season to compete against local competitors and across the world on the global leaderboards
- WATL® offers three league play options to maximize the efficiency & revenue potential of each league
- Standard League
- Big Axe League
- Duals (Where 2 participants throw an axe, at the same time, at the same target)
- Players from each venue who attend WATL® sanctioned televised tournaments also have a chance to represent your location on ESPN
- Certified Coach Program: The WATL® Coach Certification is the best resource to help you or your staff become the best coaches possible. You will review: axe knowledge, customer service, safety, axe care & maintenance, axe throwing techniques and more.
- Certified Judge Program: The Certified Judge program will assist the standardization of leagues. All judges will be added to an international database and be registered online to show your venue is official as well. Giving certified judges the opportunity to assist with and participate in larger global tournaments.
- Wood Distributor Program: Access to our exclusive Wood Distributor Program where we connect you directly to the distributors for the lowest price available in the industry for cottonwood and poplar boards.
- Certified Trainer Program: Certified Trainers are 3rd party trainers who will travel to your facility to train you and your staff. They are business owners and/or individuals that have extensive experience running an axe throwing facility, including backend functions as well as superior knowledge of the sport.
- Headed by the Commissioner of the World Axe Throwing League®, Mike Morton, WATL® aims to give each Affiliate many resources to assist each venue by providing the best possible quality experience for guests
Being a part of WATL has given us not only a format to help us run our leagues, but access an amazing community of throwers and business owners. We were one of the first axe throwing facilities to open in the United States, and the first in Texas. With the excitement of bringing something new to the US market came a lot of hurdles in explaining axe throwing as a concept, addressing safety concerns, as well as exposure as a sport on a larger scale. Community expertise, creativity and support has really helped us tackle every obstacle and grow our business.
Sarah Sed, Houston Axe Throwing
We have been members of WATL since 2017 and value our membership greatly. WATL has helped Far Shot grow the Axe Throwing community in our areas, and allowed us to hold tournaments. WATL has given us the ability to give customers a peace of mind by showing that we adhere to high standards.
Benn MacDonald, Farshot Recreation