All sponsorship material(s) (e.g., t-shirts, banners, axes, feature materials or accessories) must be submitted in advance for approval and will be subject to the World Axe Throwing League (WATL) Sponsorship Standards and Guidelines and can be sent to [email protected]. For major and televised tournaments, a minimum of two months lead time is required
Submission of any sponsorship material shall constitute your warranty to WATL that all elements have been cleared for distribution (Internet distribution, digital or broadband properties) with respect to intellectual property rights: this includes, but is not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity.
All material submitted for approval over any of WATL or affiliated networks or other media platforms is strictly the responsibility of the party submitting sponsorship material(s) and WATL makes no warranties or representations to sponsorship material(s) being approved or distributed across various channels.
General Standards WATL reserves the right to:
- accept or reject at any time material(s) for any sponsor for distribution over any of its tournaments or distribution properties;
- require elimination or revision of any material which violates WATL’s Code of Conduct, standards, policies or guidelines; federal, state or local laws or regulations; is otherwise contrary to the public interest;
- reject any material in which the sponsor material could negatively affect its audience; and
- reject any material that appears in WATL’s sole judgment to improperly associate the submitting sponsor with a WATL or WATL sponsored or owned property (e.g. US Open, Canadian Open, World Axe Throwing Championship, or WATL owned trademarks, etc).
- reject any material or sponsor where sponsor employees, owners or shareholders have engaged in conduct contrary to the WATL Code of Conduct
Furthermore, WATL may refuse material or sponsor (which includes sponsor employees, executives, shareholders or owners), in WATL’s sole judgment:
- May violate any rights of any person, firm or corporation
- Contains any false, unsubstantiated or unwarranted claims for any product or service, or makes any unauthenticated testimonials
- Advertises any habit-forming drug, tobacco product, distilled liquor, handgun or handgun ammunition
- Contains any material constituting or relating to a lottery, a contest of any kind in which the public is unfairly treated or any enterprise, service or product that tends to encourage, abet, assist, facilitate or promote illegal or legal gambling
- Makes any appeal for funds
- Contains any material that is defamatory, obscene, profane, vulgar, repulsive or offensive, either in theme or in treatment or that describes or depicts repellently any internal bodily functions or symptomatic results of internal conditions, or refers to matters that are not considered socially acceptable topics
- Contains or promotes any false or ambiguous statements or representations that may be misleading to the audience
- Infringe or have previously infringed on WATL trademarks or Intellectual Property
- Includes any element of intellectual property without the owner’s consent to such use, including but not limited to design, performance or gives rise to any other colorable claim of infringement, misappropriation or other form of unfair competition
- Disparages or libels any competitor or WATL
- Is or might be injurious or prejudicial to the interests of the public, WATL or honest advertising and reputable business in general
- Promotes CBD/Cannabis related products or services
Please note that axe manufacturers require a specific sponsorship agreement with WATL prior to the submission of any materials.
Challenges to Rejected Sponsors:
Competitors many challenge WATL’s ruling in writing to [email protected]
Consideration of a challenge will be initiated upon presentation of satisfactory evidence that the challenger has contacted the sponsor and made a good-faith effort to resolve the rejection as presented by WATL to bring the sponsor within compliance of WATL Sponsorship Guidelines. WATL reserves the right in WATL’s sole discretion, to accept or reject Challenges or request additional information, consideration or assertions to be made in order to approve Sponsor.