In 2022, we have changed from a quarterly Regionals format, where players would earn circuit points, to a single tournament in the year where amateur throwers will compete for bids to the World Championship.
We are now happy to announce our venue partners for the 2022 WATL Regional tournaments. In this post, you will find the list of venues hosting in each region, and details about how the tournaments will work.
|Atlantic||Rockstar Axe Throwing||Orlando, FL||11/4 – 11/6||Register Here|
|East||Battle of the Axes||Williamstown, NJ||11/5 – 11/6||Register Here|
|Midwest||Throw Nation||Dublin, OH||11/11 – 11/13||Register Here|
|Mountain||Social Axe Throwing||Salt Lake City, UT||10/28 – 10/30||Register Here|
|Pacific||Splitting Timber Axe Range||Tucson, AZ||11/4 – 11/6||Register Here|
(select “Leagues and Tournaments”
|South||Drengr||Bedford, TX||11/4 – 11/6||Register Here|
|Canada West||Urban Axe Throwing||Port Coquitlam, BC||11/4 – 11/6||Register Here|
|Canada East||Far Shot Brampton||Brampton, ON||11/4 – 11/6||Hatchet Registration|
Big Axe Registration
|Global East||Sweet Axe Throwing||Wellington, New Zealand||11/5 – 11/6||Register Here|
The Global West region is unable to host a Regional tournament for 2022.
Regional Tournaments will be held anytime between October 28th and November 13th.
- All Regionals will host Hatchet, Big Axe, and Duals. There will be no crossing of region lines to participate, other than the Duals exception below:
- Teams with throwers from multiple regions will have to decide which region to participate in.
- The thrower who crosses region lines can ONLY participate in Duals across region lines.
- If said thrower wishes to compete in Hatchet or Big Axe, they must return to their own region to participate, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There is no minimum participation number for any discipline.
- Bids DO NOT trickle down
- If a thrower receives a bid via Regional win and cannot attend WATC, the bid will be converted to an Open Qualifier bid.
Qualifications for Participating
- Participation will be determined by a set average score as follows:
- Hatchet: 51 average or lower
- Big Axe: 22.5 average or lower
- Duals: 44 average or lower
- Qualification will be assessed by a thrower’s highest-scoring official league in Winter, Spring or Summer seasons.
- Throwers with a higher average score than the score set by WATL will not be eligible to participate in a Regional tournament
- Throwers must have completed at least one league in 2022 (Winter, Summer or Spring).
- 2022 Fall league does not count towards entry to Regionals
- Throwers must not already be qualified for the 2022 World Axe Throwing Championship
- IF a thrower qualifies for WATC after registering for the Regional, the venue will provide a refund to that thrower
Registrations for all Regional tournaments will not open until August.
We will be reaching out to the community with more detailed information in early August, including the cutoff average for availability and the registration links for each of the hosting venues.