Throw Down: Axe Festival Tournament Rules:
• Throw Down will follow all rules and regulations set forth by the World Axe Throwing League standard play rules.
Qualifying Throws for the individual tournament: Each player will get 30 throws to gain the highest points using Standard WATL match play rules.
Qualifying Throws for the Dual tournament: Each teams qualifying throws will get 20 throws to gain the highest points.
Throw Down Open Tournament
Single Person Double Elimination: We will seed all the players (by points) to compete in a double elimination tournament. Each Round in the double elimination bracket will be a best of 3 matches. The winner of the tournament will gain entry into the World Championship.
Dual Open Tournament
Two Person Double Elimination: We will seed all the teams (by points) to compete in a double elimination tournament. Each Round in the double elimination bracket will be a single match round until the quarterfinals. The quarterfinals onward will have each round be the best of three matches.
Dual is a partnered competition where both competitors must throw their axe at the same time, at the same target for each throw. Standard WATL gameplay apply with exception to the below additions/changes.
• If both teammates do not approve registering on site as a team during check-in, you will be assigned a teammate.
• If one teammate throws their axe and it hits the target before the other teammate has let go of their axe, it is an illegal throw and no points are awarded.
• This call is in the hands of the active Judge and not the competitors
• All axes that stick in the target are awarded points accordingly:
• E.g. Team “A” throws their first throw at the same time, one axe lands in the 4 and one axe lands in the 6, giving them a combined score of 10 for that throw.
• Killshots can always be called on the 5th and 10th throw of a match
• One or both teammates may call Killshot on the fifth and 10th throw
• E.G. Meaning teammate “A” calls and throws for Killshot and teammate “B” throws a point value within the standard target, or, teammate “A” and “B” both call and throw for Killshot
• Total score wins the match
• Axes must be embedded in the target to count for points as per standard rules
• Axes that are embedded into another axe (Robin Hood) will count as 0 points
Please make sure to check the Throw Down page for details on the tournament.
Please submit any questions about Throw Down by email to [email protected]